About Media Business Insight
Media Business Insight Limited (MBI) is based in Temple, London and owns a unique portfolio of leading multi-channel subscription-based brands, offering content and insight to key decision-makers and creatives in the media industry across TV, advertising, film and marketing services.
MBI brands: Broadcast, Screen International, KFTV, The Knowledge, Production intelligence and ALF Insight. MBI has recently been acquired and is now part of Global Data Plc.
Courage – We are motivated to make a positive impact for all.
We are confident, determined, and resilient.
We own our actions and can be trusted to do what is right
Curiosity – We are hungry for knowledge and embrace innovation.
We are open-minded and make fact-based decisions.
We are fast, flexible, and welcome change.
Collaboration – We work together to help our customers and colleagues succeed.
We communicate clearly, openly, and simply.
We combine our resources to find opportunities and achieve the best outcome.
MBI is looking for an experienced Product Lead with a background of being either a Product Owner or Scrum Master. You will gather feature requests, schedule releases, and coordinate sprints. You should be able to identify user needs, help a customer understand a business value and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases.
You will be leading the development team as a line manager and also be in charge of the product backlog and development stages. The Product Lead will be acting as a primary point of contact between stakeholders and development team, will clearly communicate the customer vision and will keep track of progress on various projects.
- Manage and optimise the product backlog in order to maximize the value of the product
- Define user stories and create a product backlog.
- Be the primary point of contact on behalf of the customer to identify the product requirements for the development team.
- Define and prioritise user requirements
- Communicate with the development team to explain the product features to be implemented
- Ensure that the user stories meet customer requirements
- Collaborate and work closely with various stakeholders such as brand and business leaders, development team, project managers, and other stakeholders
- Understand customer requirements and expectations from the product.
- Interpret customer requirements and define them with product functionality.
- Collaborate closely with the development team and ensuring all the product requirements are well defined and executed in time
- Plan sprints, ensuring that value is clearly being described and direction set
- Ensure that work is happening and that blockers are being removed
- Take responsibility for blockers that are outside of the team’s ability to resolve
- Ensure that every opportunity to improve is made transparent to the scrum team and the retrospective has a clear set of outcomes that can be executed.
- Facilitate communication and information exchange between external groups and the project team
- Monitor project progress, provide timely feedback, and drive a culture of agility and learning.
- Host daily team meetings to get updates on the progress of the project, address potential roadblocks, and ensure that the projects are on track
- Host regular sessions to share updates with product stakeholders about how the project is progressing
- Help the team stay focused on tasks needed to be done in each iteration.
- Remove any distractions or roadblocks that can hinder the progress of the team
- Clear and concise communicator
- Efficient listener
- Positive and with a team-player attitude
- Strong team worker, shares good ideas and best practices
- Self-starter who is able to work independently and within a busy team
- Excellent problem solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
Why work for MBI?
Media Business Insight is a great place to develop your career. MBI staff are hugely passionate about their brands and what they do. They are hardworking, effective, and expert professionals who provide trusted and essential services.
Our Commitment to you:
- Development and training
- Social Commitments and People Perks
How to apply
Please send your CV and salary expectations to: email@example.com