- This website (“the Website”) is operated by Media Business Insight Limited, Company Number 8248880 (England) and whose registered address is: Media Business Insight, John Carpenter House, John Carpenter House, London, England, EC4Y 0AN (“MBI”).
- Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before using the Website. By accessing any part of the Website, you shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms & Conditions in full, regardless of whether or not you choose to register as a member on the Website. If you do not accept these Terms & Conditions, you must leave the Website immediately.
- Media Business Insight (MBI) may revise these Terms & Conditions at any time by posting an update on the Website. Your continued use of the Website after any such change constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms & Conditions and they shall be binding on you. You should therefore check the Website from time to time to review the then current Terms & Conditions.
- To access certain parts of the Website, MBI may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself. Such registration shall be subject to specific terms of registration. When you register you also agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”); and
- contact the Web Editor shown on the “Contact Us” section of the Website in the event that you wish to update your Registration Data.
- Where you register on the Website, you will be allocated a username and password. These account details must be used solely by you; sharing your username and password with any other person or making it available to multiple users on a network is strictly prohibited. Accordingly, you agree to:
- maintain the security of your username and password and be fully responsible for all use of the Website made using your username and password;
- immediately notify MBI if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your username and password or any other breach of security by sending an appropriately worded email to firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- ensure that you exit from your website account at the end of each session.
MBI cannot and will not be liable for any losses, damages or costs arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
- The rules in this Clause, together with any specific rules (the“Additional Rules”) provided by MBI in relation to a specific promotion (together the “Rules”), apply to all prize promotions operated by MBI on the Website, including free draws and prize competitions (each a “Promotion”). By entering a Promotion, you agree to be bound by the Rules and to use of your personal information in accordance with MBI’s Privacy and Cookies Policy available as a link to this Website.
- All entrants to a Promotion must be at least 16 years of age at the date of entry and comply with any further age and/or other eligibility requirements set out in the Rules (e.g., in relation to residency and (where the prize includes travel outside the United Kingdom and/or car hire) holding a valid passport, visa and/or driver’s licence). Proof of age may be required before a prize-winner can claim a prize. The eligibility of any entrant is at the sole discretion of MBI. Employees and agents of MBI and its associated companies (including the families of such employees and agents) are not eligible to enter Promotions. Only one entry per person and per household is permitted.
- All entries must be made in accordance with the Rules and must be received by MBI by the closing date. Entries made otherwise shall be invalid. MBI accepts no responsibility or liability for any lost, damaged, or incomplete entries and all such entries will be deemed invalid. Proof of despatch shall not be proof of entry.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Additional Rules, all Promotions can be entered by sending an appropriately worded e-mail to the e-mail address specified in the Promotion. Any such e-mail must include your contact details and comply with any instructions set out in the Additional Rules (for example, to identify which Promotion is being entered). Each Promotion must be entered by a separate e-mail. Alternative means of entering a Promotion (if any) will be set out in the Additional Rules and where there are alternative means of entering a Promotion no distinction shall be made between entries between different routes of entry.
- Unless the Additional Rules specify otherwise, entries shall not be returned to entrants.
- MBI reserves the right at its sole discretion to (without prior notice):
- cancel the Promotion; and/or
- substitute the prize(s) for another prize of equal value.
- Prize-winners will (unless specified otherwise in the Additional Rules) be chosen at random by an independent judge from all qualifying entries. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final, and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
- Prize-winners will be notified in writing within 6 weeks of the applicable closing date. If a prize-winner fails to respond to claim his/her prize within 14 days of receipt of the notification, MBI shall be entitled to select an alternative prize-winner. In such circumstances MBI shall use reasonable endeavours to notify the alternative prize-winner within nine weeks of the closing date.
- Prize-winners will receive their prize within 6 weeks of notification unless otherwise specified in the Additional Rules. The terms and conditions of any third-party supplier may apply and must be accepted and complied with by a prize-winner to accept the prize.
- MBI will not be liable if a prize does not reach a prize-winner for any reason outside the control of MBI or if a prize is damaged during delivery.
- Details of the names of prize-winners can be requested by writing to the Data Protection Officer, Media Business Insight Limited, John Carpenter House, John Carpenter House, John Carpenter House, London, England, EC4Y 0AN (“MBI”).
specifying the relevant Promotion, provided that such request is received by MBI within ten weeks of the applicable closing date.
- By entering the Promotion, the prize-winner(s) agree to take part in any promotional activity requested by MBI and consent to his/her name, county and photograph being published for the purposes of the Promotion and promoting the Website and/or MBI and its businesses.
- Where relevant, all taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc) are, unless otherwise specifically stated, the sole responsibility of the prize-winner.
- Other than for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of MBI, MBI hereby excludes (so far as is permitted by law) all liability for any loss, damage, cost, and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the prize.