About Media Business Insight
Media Business Insight Limited (MBI) is based in North London and owns a unique portfolio of leading multichannel subscription-based brands, offering content and insight to key decision-makers and creatives in the media industry across TV, advertising, film and marketing services.
Our brands consist of ALF Insight, KFTV, Production Intelligence, The Knowledge, Broadcast Intelligence, Screen International and Broadcast.
We’re all in this together!
Customer Focus – Our customers are at the heart of our business.
Passion – We embrace teamwork, promote creativity and work towards a common goal of success.
Honesty – We are committed to open and transparent communication.
Expertise – We work hard to become experts in our specialist disciplines and fields.
Innovation – We encourage creativity to maintain our position as market leader.
Key Purpose of the role
Planning and implementing multichannel marketing campaigns for Broadcast subscriptions (individuals and corporates), which drive customer retention, acquisitions, engagement, and brand loyalty. You will also have line management responsibility for one marketing executive who looks after Broadcast Intelligence’s Commissioner Index subscriptions and events.
Main role focus
- Develop and implement multichannel marketing strategies to hit commercial targets for subscriptions.
- Be the point of escalation for customer services and working closely with the team to ensure all complaints and enquiries are dealt with efficiently.
- Manage the relationship with our subscription bureau Abacus and lead on any existing or new projects.
- Handle Broadcast and BI Data for subscribers, registered users, lapsed customers and prospects. You’ll manage this through various systems and reports including Advance, Campaign Monitor and Shopify.
- Ensure all KPI trackers are kept up to date so you can report on them in the weekly brand meetings and for the month end financial reports.
- Track subscriber engagement and highly engaged registered users. Key findings and opportunities will be shared with senior management and the editorial teams at the end of every month.
- Producing financial reports and forecasting future performance for senior management and making recommendations for improvement.
- Manage the online shop com (Shopify). Includes adding the monthly Broadcast issues and any new Broadcast Intelligence Reports, keeping a track of all orders and sharing the order reports with the finance team.
- Liaise with the subscription bureau and our finance team to ensure all weekly bank payments for subscriptions are allocated on the system and access enabled. You will also be the main point of contact to sign off any refunds between the two.
- Manage all product offers, packages, source codes, BI Reports etc within the Advance system.
- Control any GDPR deletion requestions that come through advance and update all marketers within the company to do the same, within the correct timeframe to ensure we are compliant.
- Writing copy and briefing designers on brand collateral (print adverts, web banners, email templates, social media assets, reports) and ensure it remains consistent.
- Brief in creative and building campaigns to drive submissions for key editorial content – Indie Survey, Best Places to Work and the new Commissioner Survey.
- Allocating and controlling budgets, ensuring all costs are monitored and accurately recorded.
- Negotiating and fulfilling contra deals with partners to get brand exposure and to drive acquisitions.
- Line manage a Marketing Executive and oversee their activity to ensure Broadcast intelligence subscriptions are hitting their commercial targets.
- Carrying out insight from customer research to look for opportunities to drive subscription acquisition and retention rates, as well as identifying opportunities to cross-sell other revenue streams.
- Use external events to collect new prospect data and grow the database.
Qualifications & Experience
- Undergraduate marketing degree
- 3-5 years marketing experience, preferably in B2B or consumer publishing
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ideal candidate would have used abacus’ ADvance SaaS customer data platform
- High standard of written English and grammar and copy writing skills
- Experience project managing campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to manage your work and prioritise accordingly
- Familiarity with CMS and using Google Analytics
- Able to create a network of peers and build relationships across the business
- Able to work across several projects and manage time effectively
Additional personal requirements
- Passion, energy, drive and commitment
- Able to work under pressure and to conflicting deadlines
- Great communication skills and team-player attitude
- Takes ownership and takes initiative
- Pays attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and ‘hit the ground running’
How to apply
Please send your CV and salary expectations to: email@example.com
The subject of the email needs to clearly state the job title of the vacancy, and body should detail salary expectations.
Candidates will be responded to when they apply, and any adverts will be removed when the role has been filled. If you are interested, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.
Please note: acquisition by agencies will not be appreciated.