About Media Business Insight
Media Business Insight Limited (MBI) owns a unique portfolio of leading multichannel subscription-based brands, offering content and insight to key decision-makers and creatives in the media industry across TV, advertising, film and marketing services.
MBI brands are: Broadcast, Broadcast Intelligence, Screen International, World of Locations, ALF, KFTV, The Knowledge, Production Intelligence, The Media Production and Technology Show, Broadcast Awards and other industry events.
We’re all in this together!
Customer Focus – Our customers are at the heart of our business.
Passion – We embrace teamwork, promote creativity and work towards a common goal of success.
Honesty – We are committed to open and transparent communication.
Expertise – We work hard to become experts in our specialist disciplines and fields.
Innovation – We encourage creativity to maintain our position as market leader.
Purpose of role
The role will be working within our Marketing team, which is a small, flexible, dynamic team, who are passionate about the industry that we operate in. We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual, seeking to progress their career in a growing company.
Dimensions of role:
This is a varied role which will cover the full cross-channel marketing mix at a secondary level. Key responsibilities will include:
- Undertake maintenance and basic updates to CMS style event websites (currently WordPress and ASP).
- Write compelling copy and build emails in marketing platforms (Campaign Monitor).
- Oversee the daily management of the marketing database, keeping all company data accurate, up-to-date and GDPR compliant.
- Assist with implementing effective, targeted integrated multi-media marketing campaigns for events which drive retention, acquisition, and brand loyalty.
- Measure and report on the success of all digital campaigns.
- Create comprehensive social media marketing plans and schedule in line with the wider social media strategy.
- Market our portfolio of events across all relevant social media platforms and populate with engaging content in-line with the brand voice.
- Measure and report on the success of social media marketing activities.
- Assist with the delivery of the Marketing Plan in line with the overall company strategy.
- Coordinate, manage and update the Events Marketing Calendar for all Marketing activities and share with the relevant teams.
- Generate leads, build data, increase industry awareness, and build the various event brands social audiences.
- Write creative copy for social media, digital and off-line marketing collateral.
- Manage and maintain the marketing collateral.
- Provide general admin support for the Marketing team, as required.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure sales, design, production, sponsorship sales and logistics are fully aligned, and key deadlines are met.
- Create visual content based on the overarching campaign design (basic Adobe CS skills required – Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign specifically).
- Edit and update video content where relevant (Adobe Premiere Pro) for social and digital campaigns.
- Create and deliver basic sponsorship presentations for sponsors and the sales team.
- Ability to investigate data and compile reports (a comprehensive knowledge of MS Excel and formulas required).
Working within the team on a day-to-day basis but also forming relationships outside of the team to enable internal communications. The successful candidate will need to work alongside such departments as Marketing, Sponsorship, Design, Editorial, Finance, etc.
- University degree in Marketing/Business or similar qualifications (CIM/IDM).
- A minimum of 3 years’ solid marketing experience.
- Strong IT skills, with a good grasp of MS Office software and Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver) is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills: the ability to proof-read and copywrite is essential.
- Practical experience of using CMS for websites, social media channels and generally to be digitally ‘savvy’.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to tight deadlines under pressure.
- The ability to work in a small team, with the opportunity for growth and development.
- Willingness to learn and adopt a proactive approach to self-education.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Why work for MBI?
Media Business Insight is a great place to develop your career. MBI staff are hugely passionate about their brands and what they do. They are hardworking, effective and expert professionals who provide trusted and essential services.
Our Commitment to you:
- Development and training
- Social Commitments and People Perks
In recognition of our talented people we also offer:
- Flexible Working hours
- Individual training opportunities
- Additional day’s annual leave for each year of service up to 30 days
- Hold annual Christmas and Summer parties
- Option to buy and sell holidays
- Interest free travel and office loans
- Company sponsored lunch & learning sessions
- Unlimited tea and coffee, to keep us all going!
We look forward to working with you!
How to apply
Interested? Please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject of the email needs to clearly state the job title of the vacancy, and body should detail salary expectations.
Candidates will be responded to when they apply, and any adverts will be removed when the role has been filled. If you are interested, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.
Please note: acquisition by agencies will not be appreciated.