About Media Business Insight
Media Business Insight Limited (MBI) is based in North London and owns a unique portfolio of leading multichannel subscription-based brands, offering content and insight to key decision-makers and creatives in the media industry across TV, advertising, film and marketing services.
Our brands consist of ALF Insight, KFTV, Production Intelligence, The Knowledge, Broadcast Intelligence, Screen International and Broadcast.
About the ALF Brand
ALF is a market leading sales tool in the UK media and advertising market. Our aim is to make new business easier for our clients by providing up to date contact information and insight behind the UKs leading brands and agencies via our ALF tool. This is role is focused is on a new product dedicated to the sponsorship and partnership arena.
We’re all in this together!
Customer Focus – Our customers are at the heart of our business.
Passion – We embrace teamwork, promote creativity and work towards a common goal of success.
Honesty – We are committed to open and transparent communication.
Expertise – We work hard to become experts in our specialist disciplines and fields.
Innovation – We encourage creativity to maintain our position as market leader.
This role is focussed on building and maintaining a high value data and insight product for the sponsorship and partnership market. The Insight Editor will be responsible for producing high value insight reports and information for our new and existing service, along with the management of our partnership service research team.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Take responsibility for the quality and relevancy of editorial content delivered to clients. This includes:
- Manage the build and maintenance of a new database in the sport charity and live event market.
- Compile weekly briefing reports about growth sectors and business change.
- Track and explore growth businesses and their marketing, partnerships, and advertising plans.
- Participate in/take ownership of special projects as and when required.
- Develop expertise of the Sport and Charity partnership sectors and detailed knowledge of our offering.
- Manage the partnership service researchers/reporters, including identifying both quantitative and qualitive KPIs and ensuring high quality standards.
- Work closely with the Head of Sales and Head of Content to develop a high value product aimed in the space of commercial partnerships in the areas of Sport, Charity, and live event partnerships.
- Ensure that all editorial content is processed to the highest quality standards within agreed schedules.
- Play an integral part in developing and delivering the new ALF offering.
- Play a key role in data integrity.
- Build expertise, knowledge and insight in our markets, and reflect that in the content being created for customers.
- Manage, support and get the best out of the partnership research team.
- Exploring key business themes including subjects such as sustainability and what B2B opportunities these may present.
- Play a key role in developing insight related content across ALF insight.
- Develop editorial processes during the launch of this product and contribute ideas for improvements.
- Consolidate, augment and refresh our editorial content, so that it fits customer needs and expectations.
- Implement new editorial content related initiatives.
- Contribute ideas towards product enhancements/developments including reports, new ways of looking at data or interviews with key brands and sponsors.
- Professional and serious about career development.
- Enthusiastic and energetic.
- Confident and honest.
- Organised and good time management.
- Good eye for detail.
Additional personal requirements
- Effective written and oral communication both within the business and externally.
- Ability and interest to keep up to date with trends and current issues within the partnership market.
- Top notch research skills.
- Ability to think logically and use common sense/good problem-solving skills.
- Sharp eye for detail/high level of accuracy/strong desire to get things right.
- Ability to work independently and to become quickly operational.
- Good time management/highly organised.
At least 2 years’ experience in a research or journalistic role – OR 2 years research or journalistic background – with experience producing high-value research insights and reports.
Why work for MBI?
Media Business Insight is a great place to develop your career. MBI staff are hugely passionate about their brands and what they do. They are hardworking, effective, and expert professionals who provide trusted and essential services.
Our Commitment to you:
- Development and training
- Social Commitments and People Perks
In recognition of our talented people we also offer:
- Flexible Working hours
- Individual training opportunities
- Additional day’s annual leave for each year of service up to 30 days
- Hold annual Christmas and Summer parties
- Option to buy and sell holidays
- Interest free travel and office loans
- Company sponsored lunch & learning sessions
- Unlimited tea and coffee, to keep us all going!
We look forward to working with you!
The ALF team is currently working remotely, and this will continue. Post Covid restrictions we intend to meet in the office on Caledonian Road twice a month. We trust our people and staff will have the option of using our office more frequently if they wish, but outside of arranged team meetings, will be left to decide where they are most effective in working. ALF utilises the likes of Microsoft teams to communicate effectively.
How to apply
Please send your CV and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject of the email needs to clearly state the job title of the vacancy, and body should detail salary expectations.
Candidates will be responded to when they apply, and any adverts will be removed when the role has been filled. If you are interested, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.
Please note: acquisition by agencies will not be appreciated.