About Media Business Insight
MBI has a portfolio of leading multichannel subscription-based brands, offering content and insight to key decision-makers and creatives in the media industry across TV, advertising, film, and marketing services.
MBI brands include Broadcast, Broadcast Intelligence, Broadcast Sport, Broadcast Tech, Screen International, World of Locations, ALF, KFTV, The Knowledge, Production Intelligence, The Media Production and Technology Show, Broadcast Awards and many other industry events. MBI has recently been acquired and is now part of Global Data Plc.
Courage – We are motivated to make a positive impact for all.
We are confident, determined, and resilient.
We own our actions and can be trusted to do what is right
Curiosity – We are hungry for knowledge and embrace innovation.
We are open-minded and make fact-based decisions.
We are fast, flexible, and welcome change.
Collaboration – We work together to help our customers and colleagues succeed.
We communicate clearly, openly, and simply.
We combine our resources to find opportunities and achieve the best outcome.
We’re looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our commercial team at Broadcast working across our marketing solutions portfolio consisting of print, digital and live events.
This position is critical to the Broadcast business development efforts and the markets that we serve – TV/ Original Programming, Media & Broadcast, Technology & Sport.
At Broadcast you’ll find a team of creative and motivated people who are passionate about helping our customers succeed in their industry.
- Build a sales strategy plan and execute on the acquisition of key clients to hit annual sales target
- Lead all aspects of the sales process from prospecting to closing
- Develop new opportunities with businesses Broadcast would like to approach for marketing solutions opportunities
- Selling across print, digital and live events (sponsorship/exhibition)
- Organise meetings to demonstrate the portfolio offerings to clients via online meetings or in person
- Prepare presentations, develop quotes and proposals
- Negotiate by phone or face to face
- Proactively self-source new leads and develop a network of targeted prospects to build a pipeline through outbound prospecting
- Respond to inbound marketing leads quickly and effectively
- Deliver and exceed on your Personal Success Formula (KPIs)
- Hit and/ or overachieve your monthly sales target
- Create and maintain up to date records on accounts/prospects using SalesForce
- Forecast weekly sales and future pipeline
- Collaborate with content teams to keep up to date industry trends and developments
- Work directly with the brand team on strategy and sales execution
- A proven track record in sales as a proactive/outbound Business Development Manager
- Hitting your monthly sales target
- A continuing desire to learn and grow to improve your sales skills
- A can-do and problem solving attitude necessary to thrive in our fast paced company
- Selling Events Sponsorship – Awards, Conferences, exhibitions and bespoke events
- Selling B2B marketing solutions offerings
- Demonstrate advanced sales process, techniques, and methodology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as exceptional presentation skills
- Good software skills (basic knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of Salesforce
- Knowledge of the TV, Technology, Sport verticals would be ideal but not essential
- Face to face experience is essential, with a continuing desire to improve sales skills by meeting new and existing customers in face to face meetings and at events
- Some international travel may be required
Why work for MBI?
Media Business Insight is a great place to develop your career. MBI staff are hugely passionate about their brands and what they do. They are hardworking, effective, and expert professionals who provide trusted and essential services.
Our Commitment to you:
- Development and training
- Social Commitments and People Perks
How to apply
Please send your CV and salary expectations to: email@example.com