Brand name: Screen International
Reporting to: Editor
Location: Old Street, London
Salary: Competitive and based on experience
Screen International, the leading international film trade magazine, is seeking a talented, motivated and experienced B2B news editor (or reporter looking to take the next step in their career) to join its editorial team. The successful candidate will coordinate and manage all news coverage, including daily breaking news and in-depth analysis pieces, from staff reporters and key international correspondents. They will also work on the publication’s market-leading daily editions at major film festivals and markets. The role is London-based but will require international travel throughout the year. Film industry knowledge is a benefit but not essential.
Main role focus
- Job duties include coordinating and editing all news coverage for Screendaily.com both daily breaking news and in-depth analysis.
- Sourcing, chasing and writing own new stories and analysis.
- Manage news from Screen’s staff reporter and key European correspondents, fielding story pitches and editing and fact-checking all copy to
a high professional standard.
- Coordinate with Screen’s senior online editor on daily email newsletters and breaking news alerts.
- Supervise news coverage for daily editions at major film festivals including Cannes and Berlin.
- Maintain strong oversight of international industry news through own contacts, email alerts, social media, industry events, external news
media and other sources.
- Work closely with other senior team members to keep Screen at the forefront of international industry reporting.
- Bring rigour to Screen’s news coverage through expert scrutiny, attention to detail and curation.
Qualifications & experience
- The ideal candidate will already be working as a news editor for a B2B or business-oriented publication or website.
- Ideally you will also have reporting and web experience, including working with content management systems.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
Additional personal requirements
- Strong social and networking skills
- Sharp eye for detail
- Positive team player
About the brand and company:
MBI owns a unique portfolio of leading multichannel subscription-based brands, offering content and insight to key decision-makers and creatives in the media industry across TV, advertising, film and marketing services.
How to apply
Back to vacancies
Browse our brands
Essential resource for the UK broadcasting industry, offering up-to-the-minute industry information, data, and insight
A showcase and database for the best advertising work in the world, delivered across multiple platforms to subscribers around the world.
Specialist business news, reviews and insight targeted at production, sales and distribution businesses and leaders within the international
ALF (Accounts List File) - A prospects and new business tool for marketing services, agencies and suppliers
A comprehensive online directory and information hub for the international media production community
A one-stop shop for those looking for service providers, suppliers, crew, and anyone who may work behind the camera in film and television
Bringing you news and updates on film and TV productions, allowing you to secure your next contract, plan sales campaigns or network