Mid-level front end developer
Brand name: Media Business Insight group role
Reporting to: Managing Director - Digital
Location: Old Street, London
Salary: Competitive and based on experience.
About the brand and company:
MBI owns a unique portfolio of leading multichannel subscription-based brands, offering content and insight to key decision-makers and creatives in the media industry across TV, advertising, film and marketing services. MBI is growing the digital portfolio and is investing in an in-house team of developers to support this growth.
To lead front-end development across all digital platforms. Working within a small team, this is an opportunity for a developer with 3-4 years’ experience to remain hands-on, whilst delivering exciting new projects and technologies in to the business.
Main role focus:
• Day-to-day support and development of MBI’s websites.
• Working the product and development teams and brand managers to define requirements for larger projects and builds.
• Ensuring MBI’s sites adapt to new technologies to increase efficiency of the platforms.
• Mentoring other team members and communicating with contractors on larger projects.
• Code review as part of an internal QA process.
• Deployment of code and ensuring code repositories are up-to-date.
Required experience and skills:
• At least 3 years’ experience in professional web development.
• Skilled at responsive front-end development using Bootstrap 3.3 and above.
• Skilled in React or Angular and preferably in vue.js.
• Experience with working with REST APIs.
• Code repositories such as BitBucket and GitHub.
• Great attention to detail.
Nice to haves:
• Design skills
• Familiarity with hosting solutions such as Microsoft Azure and AWS.
How to apply
Back to vacancies
Browse our brands
Essential resource for the UK broadcasting industry, offering up-to-the-minute industry information, data, and insight
A comprehensive online directory and information hub for the international media production community
Specialist business news, reviews and insight targeted at production, sales and distribution businesses and leaders within the international film industry
A one-stop shop for those looking for service providers, suppliers, crew, and anyone who may work behind the camera in film and television