Brand name: Broadcast Intelligence
Reporting to: Head of Research
Location: Old Street, London
About the brand and company:
MBI owns a unique portfolio of leading multichannel subscription-based brands, offering content and insight to key decision-makers and creatives in the media industry across TV, advertising, film and marketing services. MBI are expanding the marketing leading TV brand Broadcast to include a high value, global intelligence and data platform.
The media researcher shares a responsibility to maintain and develop a database of people and productions within the TV and film sectors. The researcher has access to in-house information but will be required to undertake desk and telephone research, often requiring one-to-one interviews with key individuals working within these sectors.
Main role focus:
Have overall responsibility for the quality, accuracy, currency, relevance and comprehensiveness of all data and text for all commissioner profiles on Broadcast Intelligence (BI)’s products (Commissioner Index and Programme Index).
This includes, among other things:
• Research commissioners and their needs, recent work and preferences, through your own contacts, email alerts, social media, industry events, trade publications, external news media and other sources.
• Make sure all UK commissioners have a listing on Broadcast Intelligence.
• Ensure that Commissioner Index fields are populated to standards as stated in the editorial guidelines.
• Continuously track commissioners and where needed update profiles – you will be closely working together with the rest of the Broadcast and Broadcast Intelligence team on this too.
• Develop long-lasting and effective relationships with commissioners and other relevant industry figures.
• Ensure contact details kept in our database are up to date.
• Promote the service wherever possible (editorial, events, bulletins).
• Write, edit and upload relevant content for Broadcast and Broadcast Intelligence as required.
• To constantly review our editorial processes and contribute ideas for improvements.
• Attend national and international industry events for networking and to enhance industry knowledge, and build and maintain contacts. This may involve occasional working evenings and/or weekends.
• To participate in/take ownership of special projects as and when required.
• Degree level.
• Minimum of two years’ experience working in the film & TV industry.
• Excellent writing and summarising skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Social media management.
• Strong copy editing.
• Good IT skills.
Additional personal requirements:
• In-depth knowledge of the UK broadcast landscape and especially the commissioning area.
• Positive and sociable team-player attitude.
• Good at networking.
• Sharp eye for detail.
• Confident telephone manner.
How to apply
Browse our brands
Essential resource for the UK broadcasting industry, offering up-to-the-minute industry information, data, and insight
A showcase and database for the best advertising work in the world, delivered across multiple platforms to subscribers around the world.
Specialist business news, reviews and insight targeted at production, sales and distribution businesses and leaders within the international
ALF (Accounts List File) - A prospects and new business tool for marketing services, agencies and suppliers
A comprehensive online directory and information hub for the international media production community
A one-stop shop for those looking for service providers, suppliers, crew, and anyone who may work behind the camera in film and television
Bringing you news and updates on film and TV productions, allowing you to secure your next contract, plan sales campaigns or network
Back to vacancies