About Media Business Insight
Media Business Insight Limited (MBI) is based at the heart of East London’s ‘Tech City’ and owns a unique portfolio of leading multichannel subscription-based brands, offering content and insight to key decision-makers and creatives in the media industry across TV, advertising, film and marketing services.
MBI are expanding the market leading TV brand Broadcast to include a high value, global intelligence and data platform and is looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Executive to join our marketing team.
We’re all in this together!
Customer Focus – Our customers are at the heart of our business.
Passion – We embrace teamwork, promote creativity and work towards a common goal of success.
Honesty – We are committed to open and transparent communication.
Expertise – We work hard to become experts in our specialist disciplines and fields.
Innovation – We encourage creativity to maintain our position as market leader.
The Marketing Executive will work closely with the Marketing Manager and sales team working on two brands centred at the heart of the TV industry. This is a commercially oriented role which requires strong communication and campaign management skills, working across print, display, social, email and events. As the Marketing Executive for Broadcast and Broadcast Intelligence, you will be responsible for promoting B2B subscriptions and growing the subscriber base, along with generating leads for the sales team utilising the full marketing mix.
The role involves promoting special publications from the editorial calendar and providing support to the events and wider marketing team for branded breakfast panels, making sure to keep the marketing tone in-line with that of the brands. You will generate content for the social media channels to increase industry awareness and build a following. You will also create marketing briefs for the creative team, providing support and guidance to deliver timely marketing materials.
The role requires project management, creativity and copywriting skills. Plus, the ability to use data to drive customer retention, acquisition and engagement.
Job duties & responsibilities
- Planning and implementing effective and targeted marketing campaigns, from brief to post-campaign analysis, including the tracking of multi-platform engagement across email, print, digital, social and events
- Working closely with and encouraging communication across departments including the insight team, content, creative, sales and editorial, to meet brand goals
- Creating artwork briefs for a range of assets and guiding the creative team with feedback
- Marketing Insight reports to strict deadlines and schedules
- Creating comprehensive marketing plans for printed publications – including ads and cover wrap
- Developing social media marketing plans and managing social media channels for both brands. Scheduling engaging content in-line with the brands voice and marketing strategies.
- Producing creative copywriting for websites, social media, e-shots and off-line marketing collateral
- Managing an external agency to implement effective PPC and Paid Social campaigns
- Sending weekly engagement campaigns and communicating service updates to Broadcast and Broadcast Intelligence subscribers
- Tracking the performance of marketing activity and conversions. Measuring and reporting the success of digital campaigns (incl. PPC & social media) and reporting on key KPI’s in the weekly brand meeting including subscriber engagement with newsletters
- Data management of prospect and circulation lists and assisting in providing data for any brand related events or marketing activity
- Producing sales & marketing promotions such as flyers and media packs, which involves liaising with external vendors to see concept through to print
- Making sure the branding is established for external events, as part of various contra deals. In addition to booking in meetings for the sales teams ahead of the conference/market.
- Ensuring all marketing activity is within the marketing budget and allocating spend/resources to ensure they’ll generate the best returns
- Assist in developing the database to support strategic marketing strategies and long-term audience development
- Undergraduate degree
- 2-4 years marketing experience, preferably in B2B or consumer publishing
- Experience project managing campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to manage your work and prioritise accordingly
- Familiarity with CMS and using Google Analytics.
- Great communication skills and team-player attitude
- Pays attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and ‘hit the ground running
Additional personal requirements
- Positive and sociable team-player attitude.
- Good at networking.
- Sharp eye for detail.
Why work for MBI?
Media Business Insight is a great place to develop your career. MBI staff are hugely passionate about their brands and what they do. They are hardworking, effective and expert professionals who provide trusted and essential services.
Our commitment to you:
- Development and training
- Social Commitments and People Perks
In recognition of our talented people we also offer?
- Flexible Working hours
- Additional day’s annual leave for each year of service up to 30 days
- Hold annual Christmas and Summer parties
- Option to buy and sell holidays
- Interest free travel loans
- Company sponsored lunch & learning sessions
- Friday breakfasts
- Unlimited tea and coffee, to keep us all going!
We look forward to working with you!
How to apply
Please send your CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
The subject of the email needs to clearly state the job title of the vacancy, and body should detail salary expectations.
Candidates will be responded to when they apply, and any adverts will be removed when the role has been filled. If you are interested, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.
Closing date: 7th February 2020
Please note: acquisition by agencies will not be appreciated.