Brand name: Media Business Insight
Reporting to: Managing Director - Digital
Location: Old Street, London
Salary: Competitive and based on experience.
About the brand and company:
MBI owns a unique portfolio of leading multichannel subscription-based brands, offering content and insight to key decision-makers and creatives in the media industry across TV, advertising, film and marketing services. MBI are expanding the marketing leading TV brand Broadcast to include a high value, global intelligence and data platform.
The lead analyst will play a key role in launching and growing Broadcast Intelligence.
The successful candidate will have an excellent knowledge of the TV and film sectors and a proven track record of producing impactful research. The lead analyst should be seen as a go-to expert in their field and is widely recognised by the industry.
Main role focus:
Have overall responsibility for the quality, accuracy, currency, relevance and comprehensiveness of all reports published on Broadcast Intelligence.
This includes, among other things:
• Recruiting and managing a team of analysts.
• Forming a content strategy through analysis of trends within the global TV market.
• Working with the marketing team to match relevant content to customer needs.
• Working with the publishing and product development teams on new business and platform propositions.
• Researching and writing reports.
• Interviewing industry experts to support and inform any research.
• Keeping track of various data with regards to broadcast developments worldwide for current or future reports.
• Working with other teams within MBI to discover insight opportunities from existing information sources.
• Speaking at events, giving keynote speeches and chairing panels and conferences.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in an analyst role. Most recent role must be within the TV production sector and preferably with a global view.
• Educated to a bachelor’s degree level, ideally with a post-graduate qualification.
• Excellent writing and summarising skills.
• Good presentation skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong copy editing.
• Excellent understanding of the trends, developments and needs of the UK and international broadcast industry.
• Experience working with large datasets.
Additional personal requirements:
• Positive team-player attitude.
• Good at networking.
• Sharp eye for detail.
• Confident telephone manner.
How to apply
Back to vacancies
Browse our brands
Essential resource for the UK broadcasting industry, offering up-to-the-minute industry information, data, and insight
A showcase and database for the best advertising work in the world, delivered across multiple platforms to subscribers around the world.
Specialist business news, reviews and insight targeted at production, sales and distribution businesses and leaders within the international
ALF (Accounts List File) - A prospects and new business tool for marketing services, agencies and suppliers
A comprehensive online directory and information hub for the international media production community
A one-stop shop for those looking for service providers, suppliers, crew, and anyone who may work behind the camera in film and television
Bringing you news and updates on film and TV productions, allowing you to secure your next contract, plan sales campaigns or network