Data Content Manager
Brand name: The Knowledge & KFTV Group
Reporting to: Senior Sales Manager
Location: Old Street, London
About the brand and company:
MBI owns a unique portfolio of leading multichannel subscription-based brands, offering content and insight to key decision-makers and creatives in the media industry across TV, advertising, film and marketing services. The KK Group consists of a trio of data-led online and offline directory and insight products, those being KFTV, Production Intelligence and The Knowledge.
The Data Content Manager needs to ensure that all data, services, products and associated social media deliver good quality information to ensure high quality traffic to facilitate an increase in sales. efforts.
This means a responsibility for the publication of (subject to change) three annual directories, four digital newsletters, one online subscription product, two websites and an annual printed guide.
Main role focus:
Have overall responsibility for the quality, accuracy, currency, relevance and comprehensiveness of all data and output for the products within The Knowledge & KFTV Group both online and print. This includes:
• Manage and develop data and editorial teams and ensure that all publishing and editorial targets and objectives for products are achieved,
this includes key data targets.
• Liaise with the Sales & Marketing Managers to ensure good dialogue and have due regard for commercial implications of editorial and
• Control and maintain the P&L.
• Contribute to the development and management of the platforms.
• Manage relations with external suppliers.
• Responsible for briefing, recruiting, training and managing journalists, data execs, production assistant and freelancers.
• Responsible for directing/refocussing editorial content to assist in increasing the traffic to the profiles pages.
• Responsible for liaising with the technical teams to ensure website optimisation with the aim of achieving higher traffic
• Assist with identifying, building new relationships and re- stablishing industry partnerships with the aim of helping to increase traffic
• Identify and manage product development initiatives.
• Analyse collected data to spot weaknesses and opportunities.
• Identify more effective ways of updating in-house data.
• Ensure products and our communications are compliant with PECR and future GDPR laws.
• Oversee the maintenance and development of our databases.
• Attend industry events to enhance market knowledge. This may involve working evenings, weekends, overseas travel and overnight stays.
• Degree level.
• Minimum of three years’ experience working in Publishing industry.
• Experience working with data or directory products.
• Understanding of SQL database.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong copy editing.
• Understanding of SEO.
• Understanding of analytics tools and reporting.
Additional personal requirements:
• Good leader, positive and sociable team-player attitude.
• Proactive and a sharp eye for commercial detail.
How to apply
Successful candidates will be responded to when they apply and any adverts will be removed when the role has been filled. If you are interested, please apply immediately to avoid disappointment. Closing date: 9 January 2018
Browse our brands
Essential resource for the UK broadcasting industry, offering up-to-the-minute industry information, data, and insight
A showcase and database for the best advertising work in the world, delivered across multiple platforms to subscribers around the world.
Specialist business news, reviews and insight targeted at production, sales and distribution businesses and leaders within the international
ALF (Accounts List File) - A prospects and new business tool for marketing services, agencies and suppliers
A comprehensive online directory and information hub for the international media production community
A one-stop shop for those looking for service providers, suppliers, crew, and anyone who may work behind the camera in film and television
Bringing you news and updates on film and TV productions, allowing you to secure your next contract, plan sales campaigns or network
Back to vacancies